EtonHouse Malaysia is committed to the pursuit of excellence and leadership in educational services and practices.
EtonHouse Malaysia will meet its vision through:
- Empowering each individual to be enthusiastic life-long learners and confident global citizens of the future.
- A curriculum that is focused on pedagogical integrity and research-based best practices.
- Acknowledging and responding to each learner’s potentials.
- Partnerships with families and the community.
- Continuous evaluation, improvement and quality assurance across the organization.
We are committed to:
- The pedagogy of listening
- Facilitating and encouraging inquiry, investigation, play and discussion as central modes of learning for our students
- Viewing children as competent thinkers and communicators
- Acknowledging the significance of the social-cultural context of our school community
- Working with the idea of teachers as researchers
- Creating an alliance with parents
- Recognizing our accountability to children, parents, management and the community, by documenting teaching and student learning in order to make it visible to all.
Philosophy: Inquire – Think – Learn
EtonHouse believes in an educational program based on developing skills, attitudes, concepts, knowledge and action. Through an inquiry-based approach, including the diversity that exists within our community and our unique location here in Malaysia, children in our school are encouraged to become critical thinkers, lifelong learners and active members of the community. Children learn through first-hand authentic experiences and they are encouraged to plan, negotiate and develop critical thinking and an appreciation of their work upon reflection. We offer them learning experiences that support them in achieving their full potential.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum that supports individual needs and allows students to maximise their full potential.
- To offer a richly stimulating learning environment that fosters student’s natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge.
- To create a happy, secure and caring environment, in which all children are valued equally, encouraged to talk confidently and relate to each other and their environment in a caring way.
- To cater for individual needs of all children by the provision of high quality teaching in a second language.
- To enable children to function confidently and effectively in a rapidly changing world
- To value parental involvement in their child’s education. Parent involvement is considered an important part of ensuring children’s success as learners. As a professional team, EtonHouse educators work hard to ensure quality in educational provision is offered for children.
- That the school is characterised by love, laughter and learning enjoyed by all.